Problems are forever lurking around the corner and we can’t avoid them. You’ll lay awake at night thinking about a problem. You’ll sit at the breakfast table and read about a problem in your inbox. Someone that you’re seeing and thought you had a future with calls and tells you it’s over.
You’ll set a goal and you won’t reach it. Soon you’ll look at your life and think that you’ve arrived at the end of your luck.
But I believe that the typical problems we face can be solved if we learn to lift our thoughts.
Here are eight ways on how to strengthen your mind:
1. There’s a huge difference between the quality of your living and the quality of your life. The quality of your living is determined by the external opulence. The quality of your life is determined by your inner thoughts.
2. Become consistently mindful of your emotions, before your thoughts have a chance to run with pre-conditioned ideas or negativity. Understand that a person must leave his low points of thought and feelings quickly before they spew forth any negative manifestations.
3. Newspapers, radio, people will always direct your energy towards sickness, problems etc. Remember, whatever you give your attention to will flow. “Where energy goes power flows.” Give your attention to the things that bring you happiness.
4. Ask yourself who will conquer the world? And know that the only person who truly conquers the world is that person who has conquered his or her own mind.
5. Consider your thoughts as food for life. Stop watching things that irritate you on television. Eliminate any negativity from your social media feed. Reevaluate relationships in your life that often result in a lowering of your mood.
6. Read books to learn how to master your mind. There’re tons of information out there to help you become aware of your thoughts, in order to change them. Here’s a quote to inspire you:
“Whatever spiritual practice you engage in, do ensure that you are purifying your mind because bondage and liberation will both be determined by that state of your mind.”—Shri Kripaluji Maharaji.
7. Shut down your thoughts once you learn that they’re not working in your best interest. This comes from understanding your emotions, and not allowing yourself to get carried away by your current condition. Learn positive affirmations, scriptures, whatever it takes to get you out of that current negative state. One of my favorite scripture is Jeremiah 29:11:
“For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
However, when we let our minds torture us with negative thoughts, we move ourselves out of God’s hands and away from his true purpose for our lives.
8. Become an astute observer…judge less and listen more. Take time out of your day to master your mind. Learn how to reject negative thoughts and emotions and see them as unproductive and worthless. Choose to delve into the parts of the mind that are uplifting and sublime. Tap into your inner inspiration to lead an enriched life. –Bruce Lipton, The biology of belief—Victor Franco, Men’s search for meaning— Sadhguru, Inner engineerings— Charles Stanley, Success God’s way.